Code Section

Government Code - GOV

TITLE 7. PLANNING AND LAND USE [65000 - 66499.58]

  ( Heading of Title 7 amended by Stats. 1974, Ch. 1536. )

DIVISION 2. SUBDIVISIONS [66410 - 66499.38]

  ( Division 2 added by Stats. 1974, Ch. 1536. )

CHAPTER 3. Procedure [66451 - 66472.1]

  ( Chapter 3 added by Stats. 1974, Ch. 1536. )

ARTICLE 7. Correction and Amendment of Maps [66469 - 66472.1]
  ( Article 7 added by Stats. 1974, Ch. 1536. )


After a final map or parcel map is filed in the office of the county recorder, it may be amended by a certificate of correction or an amending map for any of the following purposes:

(a) To correct an error in any course or distance shown thereon.

(b) To show any course or distance that was omitted therefrom.

(c) To correct an error in the description of the real property shown on the map.

(d) To indicate monuments set after the death, disability, retirement from practice, or replacement of the engineer or surveyor charged with responsibilities for setting monuments.

(e) To show the proper location or character of any monument which has been changed in location or character originally was shown at the wrong location or incorrectly as to its character.

(f) To correct any additional information filed or recorded pursuant to Section 66434.2, if the correction does not impose any additional burden on the present fee owners of the real property and does not alter any right, title, or interest in the real property reflected on the recorded map.

(g) To correct any other type of map error or omission as approved by the county surveyor or city engineer that does not affect any property right, including, but not limited to, lot numbers, acreage, street names, and identification of adjacent record maps.

As used in this section, “error” does not include changes in courses or distances from which an error is not ascertainable from the data shown on the final or parcel map.

(Amended by Stats. 2001, Ch. 176, Sec. 32. Effective January 1, 2002.)